- 500 gm large eggplants/baingan
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup onion, grated
- ¼ cup tomato, de-seeded and chopped fine
- ¼ tsp powdered black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley or coriander
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (til)
Cook the eggplant over a direct flame or under a grill till dark on the outside and cooked inside. Alternatively put the eggplant in the oven till it begins to shrink. Cut open and scoop out the flesh leaving behind the skin. Chop fine or blend in a blender. Mix in the garlic, salt, lemon juice, onion, tomato, pepper, parsley and sesame seeds.
You can eliminate salt and add soy sauce.
You can also add other vegetables like capsicum, scallions.